Feature Requests - Now you've tried it, what can be added to make it better?

Coordinator
Mar 26, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Tell us what would make ChronoZoom better. Let's build a wish list of features that improves the value of ChronoZoom.

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:18 PM

My biggest wish right now is to be able to share a link with people that will automatically start them on one of the audio tours when the page loads. Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks like the parameters in the URL anchor specify a specific zoom and position.  It would be nice if the achor could also specify the auto-launch of one of the guided tours.

Coordinator
Apr 5, 2012 at 7:07 PM

That's an excellent suggestion. Please use the issue tracker to add this as a new feature. This way members of the community can vote/comment on your thought and we can consider adding this ability to a future release.

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I guess I'm confused then what goes on this page as opposed to being filed in the issue tracker...

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM

There could be a lot of answers to your question depending on who is speaking. I think of this discussion as a way to talk about ideas that could turn into feature requests. For example, your suggestion came up during our project planning. We didn't have time in the beta to implement it. Your description here is clear and could easily translate into a feature. It's good that it is here in the discussion group since it allows others to contribute their thinking. It also belongs in issue tracker because it is a clear definition of a potential feature and people can vote on it there.

There are no real rules about what goes here or there. The important part is that you are commmunicating with others interested in ChronoZoom. Your input is truly appreciated.

Jun 30, 2012 at 10:27 PM

This project is attractive because of the interactive focus. I would like to see it go one step further by offering presenters a template users can adapt to provide Big History context for whatever specific topic we choose. 

For example, I might present on the relatively obscure history of Balinese people and arts. I might show on a projection screen early civilizations and Mayan colonialism, then major events in modern European, Chinese, or US political and art history. But I must be able to choose which boxes to show/omit and add my own Balinese timeline.

How far ahead is this potential feature? Thanks.