ChronoZoom Dev Talk

Coordinator
Mar 20, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Use this discussion to chat about ChronoZoom features, bugs, and fixes. If you are interested in writing code for ChronoZoom, this is a good place to propose what you would like to do and get feedback. This is also the place to discuss coding issues and ask questions about ChronoZoom code.

Apr 4, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Did not understand what to put in the following steps....DO I need an Azure account?

7. In the chronozoom.UI project, under the scripts folder, locate the cz.settings.js

a. Change the text ‘[Your blob name]’ to your blob’s name.

8. Replace the text [Your domain] in the chronozoom.svc.cs file with your domain address

9. Replace the text [Your domain] in the ChronozoomRelay.cs file with your domain address

Coordinator
Apr 5, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Please refer to the current developers guide. We have revised the instructions as well as the code base so that it installs more easily. Also, please download the current codebase since it contains some changes to make it easier to adopt.

Apr 16, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Thank you for the update however this time I have not even as far as last time.

Below is the attempt at setting up the database.

Cheers

Creating Permission...

Cannot grant, deny, or revoke permissions to sa, dbo, entity owner, information_schema, sys, or yourself.

(1 row(s) affected)

:

(1 row(s) affected)

(1 row(s) affected)

:

(1 row(s) affected)

(1 row(s) affected)

:

(1 row(s) affected)

(1 row(s) affected)

:

(1 row(s) affected)

(1 row(s) affected)

:

(1 row(s) affected)

(1 row(s) affected)

:

(1 row(s) affected)

(1 row(s) affected)

:

(1 row(s) affected)

(6574,1): SQL72014: .Net SqlClient Data Provider: Msg 547, Level 16, State 0, Line 2 The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_User_Role". The conflict occurred in database "Chronozoom", table "dbo.Role", column 'ID'.

The statement has been terminated.

An error occurred while the batch was being executed.

Coordinator
Apr 17, 2012 at 10:01 PM

It sounds like you have left over tables from your previous attempt to install the code. Please delete the old tables and do the install as the dev guide suggests. See if tht helps.

Apr 18, 2012 at 1:49 AM

No that is not the problem as I deleted the database and tried several times with the latest release.

I have now generated the DB successfully from the first release so something in the script must have changed..

Can I use this DB, generated using first release, with the second release?

Thanks

Coordinator
Apr 18, 2012 at 6:10 PM

You can use the previous database with the revised code. The new sql script just removes some of the extra timelines to give you a more basic canvas to work with. There are no schema changes.

May 14, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Up to this step but there is no web.config in Authoring.Azure project

11. Now go to the Authoring.Azure project and edit Web.config

a. Find connection string and inster the data source as before.

Also the Developers Guide PDF has not been updated which might be confusing.

Thanks

Dec 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Back again for another try at running Chronozoom. I am using VS2012 and have the latest Azure SDK October 27 2012 and running on Windows 8. This is causing issues which I will document if you wish.

My first question is should this work and if not is there going to be a fix. I have other developments which require the latest environments so hope I can get CZ going with these.

I am wanting at least to get the database available locally but get the error "origin.xml missing from dacpac package" when I publish

Coordinator
Feb 17, 2013 at 4:56 PM
We've moved development for ChronoZoom over to Github. We've made many changes in the code and it is now much easier to get running locally or on Azure. Take a look at our progress at https://github.com/alterm4nn/ChronoZoom and our plans for the future at https://trello.com/chronozoom.